“The purpose of ART is to experience the ‘bliss’, which is the food for soul.”
Venu Madhav Vodnala – A self-taught, art aficionado by passion.
My constant quest is to bring out the ‘soul’ of the subject with pencil/charcoal, which retains what it is, as well as adding my own perspective and flavor to it. This form of art is called ‘Graphite Realism’.
Many wonderful artists inspired me & the most influential was Sir Armin Mersmann (http://www.arminmersmann.com). His works always rekindle the passion within me to work more passionately & experience the bliss which is the food for my soul.
All my works have been chosen by virtue of either by their beauty, intricacy, challenge, divinity, elegance or by their legendary attitude.
I feel my work gets chosen & appreciated because the subject’s beauty is brought forth in all senses.
All my works are original, without any printing, photo manipulation or duplication. Every piece of work delivered from me, is a unique piece made by my hand with no technicalities involved, is an epitome of pure traditional art.
Art for art’s sake – My work portfolio is unique in multiple ways, pure without any technicalities involved & carries a part of me 🙂
Unlike many artists whose expertise is limited to few domains, I’m fortunate to choose the wide gamut of subjects & instill life.
I’m a Principal Instructor in Fine Arts & teach my students who are Artists, Art Teachers, Architects, Professionals like Doctors, Scientists etc., students from various backgrounds & anyone who is aspiring to become an artist or anyone who can thoroughly enjoy learning & practicing this traditional from of art.
I teach all mediums of drawing/painting & focus more on each individual to develop a devotion towards the classical from of art called ‘Realism’.
- Working as ‘Graphite Realist’ from last 15 years
- Been conducting several professional workshops throughout India
- Working as a visiting faculty in International schools at Hyderabad
- Working as a Corporate trainer in renowned MNC s
- Training thousands of students all over the globe
- Exhibited my works in prestigious international convention centers & conferences
- Have participated in many solo & group shows all over India.
- An exclusive show in Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai – Feb., 2020
- Conducted an exclusive show with all the alumni students of my Atelier in CKP, Bangalore – Nov., 2019
- INDIA ART FEST Group show, Mumbai – January 2019
- Group show in CKP, Banglaore – September 2018
- Won the ‘Most Appreciated & Best Paintings’ Award in Bangalore – October 2018
- Group show by Artatdoor at Vagator, Goa – October 2017
- Won the ‘Most Appreciated & Best Paintings’ Award in Goa – October 2017
- Conducted a workshop, for 150+ qualified Art Teachers from International schools of AP & TG states sponsored by Faber-Castell, Hyderabad – November 2016
- International group show in ‘State Art Gallery’, Hyderabad – October 2016
- ‘Black & White Show, a group show in ‘Venkatappa Gallery’,Bangalore – October 2016
- Group show in ‘MUSE Gallery’, Hotel by Deal Top” href=”#20137894″> Marriott, Hyderabad – November 2015
- Group show in ‘State Art Gallery’, Hyderabad – February 2014
- Group show in ‘State Art Gallery’, Hyderabad – October 2013
- Solo Art Exhibition & Workshop in Delhi – January 2013
- Group show in ‘World Telugu Conference’ – December 2012
- Solo Art Exhibition & workshop at Ella Hotels – October 2012
- Group show in ‘Bio-Diversity Conference’ – October 2012
- Solo Art show in NOVOTEL, Hyderabad – Feb 2012 – Mar 2012
- Solo Art show at HICC, HITEX, Hyderabad – September 2011
- My students bagged gold medals in various national competitions
- Been serving an MNC, with more 75000 employees, as an official partner of ‘Client Managing Program’
- B.Tech graduate from JNTU with CSIT (1999-2003) as the major.
- To establish a World-Class Academy of Realism in India.