This is what my students’ think about me & my sessions 🙂
- Hi Sir, I enjoyed your workshop, it was so lively and such a great opportunity. The ease with which you explain and share your knowledge so willingly, your patience to answer all queries as well as the tremendous experience that you have from years of self-learning and practice, all made attending the workshop so worthwhile. You are an excellent teacher. Look forward to many more workshops in Bangalore. – Shreya Ravi Kumar
- I was kind of skeptical about when i saw the post about the workshop,but to my surprise its worth every penny & the time spent,its a day well spent . The in depth knowledge shared about the shading techniques , stationary & their usage was something new. Thank you Sir. – Neeraja
- I’m glad I was able to attend the workshop. The class was very informative & helped me regain my lost interest in art. From the learnings of the class, I realised that anyone with an interest can pursue art if we have a good teacher like you & I was filled with zeal by the end of it 👏🏼👏🏼 I’m looking forward for more such successful workshops in Hyderabad 👍🏼 I’m also glad that my daughter is your student & she is super excited to have you as her Guru in art – Anita
- I happened to watch and be amazed at the sketch works of my friend Sudha Sarugu, who is Venu sir’s student.
It has been close to 2 months that i have been watching and following the works of hers and of Graphite Realism aka Venu Madhav Vodnala
A water color portrait which i did couple of days earlier got me questioning that i have been lacking something in my works which left a void in me. That one thing which was pricking my brain… that unanswered question… that missing piece in that puzzle which i have been looking for…flashed in front of me. That FB post of Sudha shared by Venu answered everything. And I immediately joined the course which Venu is offering for passionate aspirants like me. Venu’s relentless encouragement and enthusiasm got me find time to sketch and hone my skill. His teachings made me discover the things in me which were like meant to be as destiny had it. Starting off with a sketch of a ball i come a long way to this work which I share with you all.My first sketch of human anatomy after 4 months of learning. I never knew human skin had these many patterns and shades until i started instilling life into the sketch. Taking care of the fine lines on the nails, folds of skin depicting the grip of the hands, depicting the light and shade etc tiring it might seem but once the sketch got ready, made me forget all the effort. The end result is here, the best work of mine till date. Thanks Venu without your guidance this would have not been possible ever!! Looking forward to many more such associations with you. – Lavanaya Siliveri
- I am writing this mail as a personal reference for Mr. Venu Madhav Vodnala. I got to know him through fb where i saw his works and got inspired to join his course “Graphite Realism.” I would like to share my thoughts and journey in graphite realism so far.
If I describe my experiences undergoing the class, I think that would be an apt testimony. Venu sir is an excellent teacher. He is very dedicated to each and every student and gives his full attention. Sometimes you feel pampered😂. He knows when to to guide you and when not. He doesn’t spoon feed. He trains you to find your mistake and correct them as well. He does it in a way that you don’t realize how much u have grown until one visits the pages one has done earlier .
In my initial sessions, I thought I made a mistake!! Two sessions where I was not allowed to touch pencils or draw anything. just heard him talk for the entire 2 Hrs and was wondering when we would actually start drawing! But the essence of all that he said when applied on my first homework , of drawing a simple sphere instilled in the basics. He enabled us to learn the time required to deliver the sketches and not to rush.
My second homework of apples taught me, there is scope for improvement . He selects the homework ,knowing well our abilities that we ourselves underestimate. I was tested for patience and perseverance. He makes us realize our strength and weaknesses .He always says “give the time it demands”.
My homework on wild life which I clearly wanted to stay away from, taught me, nothing is impossible!! Sir was so generous to give me a choice of three pic to choose from…..guess what?? all three wild life!!!! Huh! Had to push my boundaries and get out of the mind-block that limits the potential.
A statue sketch that I decided to do my best and started with over confidence only to realize how better I could have done! So working on it again. All through this journey he has been a best teacher, guide and a good friend.
To summarize it all , ” if you get an opportunity to learn from Venu Sir, please grab it !!!! “
I trust that the information provided will be of assistance to all aspiring artists and beginners like me and will be happy to provide further information, if required. – Ranjani Ramesh
- Truly speaking , my last work was Kate Winslet, and I was amazed after doing that…my family and my friends felt so shocked that I have drawn this sketch.I have interest in graphite realism but because of Madhav sir, I am experiencing the actual enjoyment in this field and really it very tough to instill life in the sketch & it need lot of dedication towards your work with full commitment.. And sir keeps on encouraging us time to time so that we don’t loose confidence…..thanks a lot sir, without your continuous encouragement its really impossible to reach up to this level 🙂 – Shwetha Sharma
- Drawing painting and sketching is my passion from my childhood….my elder brother is my inspiration. Always wanted to join some classes which can give me a direction…thanks to Akshay that I met with sir and joined d session. Sir’s knowledge, interest and worship towards art inspired me & made me more enthusiastic. After attending d session only, I little bit understood that it is TAPAS. Lucky to hv such nice people in my circle. One improvement about d session I strongly suggest sir.. is to include canvas and oil painting as well. That will make us more stronger in artistic field and we can expand our circle better. – Sumit Keshri
- During my childhood whenever I felt bored or pressurized I used to do pencil sketching ,but at that time I am not aware of different grades of pencils, erasers, blending stumps etc which are very important while sketching. I just used normal pencils and normal eraser during those days . All my previous works done before attending these sessions lacked realistic look and seemed lifeless. I also taught to attend some drawing sessions at that time. Seeing my previous sketches and as I am interested in sketching my colleague Sravan introduced me to sir in the office. Thanks to him, I saw sir’s works and got amazed and joined the sessions. By attending your sessions I learned many techniques and most importantly patience which was lacking previously. From every work I did I learned something new. At the beginning of the sessions I used to lose confidence that I am not able to sketch like others .but slowly I gained confidence because of you sir .. you never discouraged us when we are not able to sketch properly instead supported a lot and gave so many quick tips and always inspired us. I got inspired by your works and every one’s work in the group and felt that I should also sketch more beautifully & most importantly – it gave me peace and satisfaction when I felt the pressure in my professional work. I have to learn many things and I am just in initial stages, long way to go. I hope that I get to learn many new things in future. Thanks a lot sir for all your patience, your valuable suggestions and tips 🙂 – Anusha Vasireddy
- Well everyone, I’ll be honest with you. When I was living in USA I never really had interest in art. Everyone told me I was good at it but I never really showed any interest. When I came to India, all of a sudden, I had this strange zest to draw and it became a passion for me. The more I drew, the more I wanted to learn, because art is endless and beyond. The more u learn, the more there is to learn.
When I joined sir’s classes, I realised what art really was about. I saw sir’s passion for art and it just got me more inspired. Of anything I achieved this year, it is my love for art and the credit truly goes to sir. For being such an awesome, inspiring and patient teacher. I promise that no matter what, I will never give up art. So thank you sir 🙂 🙂 – Sravya Susarala
- Though I am not active in the group these days but pleasure to share my experiences. I met Venu Madhav sir ay Infosys campus while he was conducting demo sessions. If I had missed attending that then I would have lost the most wonderful opportunity in my life. I have never drawn any piece until that day. After finishing my first work I haven’t believed the fact that I have drawn so well. When my friends started praising and surprising of my work, I can’t even express that feeling, one should experience it to realize. I have found lot many things in me while drawing and I get myself motivated when ever I see my works and not exaggerating to say that I’m directed to take the most important decisions in my life, after I started trying to instil life into my works. I always see in Madhav sir a friend, a teacher, a motivator, a Guru and ultimately a Kala Tapaswi as per my heart and mind. Everyone here are blessed to have him in our lives. Let us never give up and attain higher levels. Wishing you all the best. – Chandra Sekhar Mutyalapati
- It was a great experience with Venu this year as a teacher and more of a guru goto person for self healing and motivated. I have known Venu for years from the very first portrait he has drawn. Every time I talked to him felt peace and got direction and problem appears to be small. I am thankful to Venu and group for posting such wonderful works which motivate me and try assess my selves into it and what it takes. I extend my warm wishes for everyone. – Praveen Konduru
- I am extremely grateful to Srividya ,because of her I came to know about Madhav, till then I had been searching for classes in Hyderabad but never got one. Even during school days I never got a chance to learn sketching. As every person is attracted to a Guru in this world who leads him or her to the Ultimate One, I think time was waiting for the right moment and right person to teach me this beautiful piece of art .I thank God for giving me the right person to teach me this form of TAPAS. Apart from sketching I have learnt how to channelize my negative energy and convert into concentration and passion to draw, sketching has become a way of relaxing my mind and heart and the best part about it is the mind doesn’t wander anywhere else while I practice it… if I am drawing an eye ball,I don’t see anything else apart from that eye ball…and the pleasure ,mental peace and satisfaction I get every time I draw is amazing. – Greeshma Nair
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank a wonderful human being 😊 Venu;
Though I do sketching since my childhood I use to feel like there is something missing but I cldnt identify what is that and I use to do with Nataraj pencils and wasn’t having any clue about grades and detailing part; I did approached many institutes and people, but no luck.
Fortunately I got to meet Venu in Infosys campus, that was one of the best things that happened to me in 2015 😊; since then my friends and colleagues started asking me”when are u posting your new sketch, its been long time don’t delay 😊”, its just because of you Venu.
Its not about just sketching, I would love to seek suggestions from him in my personal front as well, he is always there whenever I need any advice/clarification. As Chandra mentioned, I always see a friend, teacher and motivator in you Venu. Thank you so much for everything 😊 – Eeshwari Sriramula
- What I would like to write about Venu is……..you are toooo awesome. You always inspire us, motivate us in fact I can term you as ATM( Any Time available Master). Even if we ask questions after 12am,(IST) you reply us without any hesitation. Your wife must be a great woman to provide you such great support consistently. Because you always be in peace of mind. Thanks for being such a wonderful master to everyone. And as Sumit mentioned, you must continue with oil painting also . So that we just keep on learning from you and never quit after finishing the course. I heart-fully wish you to be the same person all the time inspiring everybody with all the goodness – Sudha Sarugu
- I want to keep my feedback crisp… I am soo lucky to be Madhav’s one of the first students… I used to draw cartoons previous to that… He was so patient and made me learn every detail…. Eye, then nose, then hair… People were so stunned to see my first portrait… They asked me whether it was a Xerox…. Even now that happens…. And yes I believe any art is meditation…. Thank you Madhav for introducing me to such beautiful art…. I can see beauty even in every detail…. There are lots of people out there who doesn’t know about this art… Way to go Madhav👍👍 – Sri Vidya Tata
- I am very lucky to learn sketching from Venu. Thanks to Sudha for introducing him. He is very patient in teaching and passion about sketching. Apart from sketching, his spiritual words are also very helpful in life. Even though, I am a slow learner, he is encouraging me well. As Sudha said, he is always available at any time.. ATM is correct name for you Venu 😊 – Ramya Manchala
- I am really a blessed student of Madhav Sir who provides his guidance whenever, wherever needed. His passion for doing works, spiritual guidance and great interest in people’s success as a 100% support are the key points which help me keep in zone to follow my passion or keeps me reminding about it always, whenever I lose the touch. Thank you Madhav. – Akshay Rane
- I joined the class, just to accompany my son in his learning and also to get sometime away from the daily grind. Honestly, I was not sure how much I would learn through online sessions, but Venu really does a good job of teaching us the details. Keeps the group well motivated through messages and encourages us to do well. His feedback, not just limited to classrooms sessions, but also anytime during day and night when we work, keeps us connected and encouraged. I feel very fortunate that I am learning it from Venu and am connected with other members and their work through the group. Thank you Venu. These sessions mean much to me. – Chaitanya Vadlakonda
- I met Madhav in Infosys and started with my graphite realism adventure from there. I got to witness some real great work. And always wondered how and when will I reach that level. I learned some good techniques from him. I couldn’t continue the classes and then couldn’t continue practice at home as well due to various reasons but I wish I’d soon come back on track and share something close to the lovely work you all are doing..😊 – Suprabha Nath
- I have heard a lot about passion in my life but most of the things said about passion never seemed realistic or practical to me but after observing sir’s dedication towards Sketching, I have realised the true meaning of passion. Listening to stories of his hard work was remarkably inspiring and I strongly believe that it will keep motivating me throughout my life in any field. The way he first praises the sketches of the beginners(including me 😊) and then corrects the sketch and shares the tips is truly amazing. And above all he is such a nice human being. I feel lucky to fulfill my childhood wish of Sketching under his guidance. – Surya Bhanu